4/26/09

What's So Bad About Comic Sans?


I keep reading (mostly on Yahoo) that people are trying to get Comic Sans banned. WTF, is it all that serious?

People's main arguements are that its childish, immature, etc. ITS BASED ON COMIC FONTS, and last I checked comics are for the childish, immature, etc. (and cool ass people like me)

The designer says he hates it too, but he said:
"If you love it, you don't know much about typography," Mr. Connare says. But, he adds, "if you hate it, you really don't know much about typography, either, and you should get another hobby."
Well, I (claim) to know a little about typography, and though I definitely dont use it, I would if it fit my needs. Thats what people dont get, nobody is forcing you to use it and most of the people that do use it dont know how to get other fonts or it's probably the most fitting thing for that project.

And since that short attention span is starting to kick in I'll end on this.

I use Comic Sans...but Fuck Courier (hate that crap)

No comments:

Post a Comment