10/10/08

Weird Al - Whatever You Like

Weird Al Yankovic brings out Whatever You Like (obviously parodying Whatever You Like by T.I.) and has this to say:

“My new single -– which is being released on iTunes tomorrow -– is a parody of T.I.’s smash hit “Whatever You Like.” The T.I. song has been number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for 5 weeks now – and this will in fact mark the first time in my career that I’ve been able to release a parody while the original song was still number 1.

Big thanks go out to T.I and his manager for their support - not only was he nice enough to give me his permission and blessing for this parody, but he responded so quickly that I was able to make everything happen insanely fast. In less than a two week period – seriously - I was able to come up with an idea for the song, get legal permission for the song, write the song, record the song, mix the song, master the song, upload the song to my label and deliver the song to iTunes. Talk about instant gratification!”

Weird Al - Whatever You Like

Here are some links (since I can't embed them...) for people who remember the greats

White & Nerdy | Amish Paradise | Im Fat

No comments:

Post a Comment